Sunday, January 1, 2012

Buffalo Chicken

Happy New Year! Today was a day to recover from the last week, make that month, of festivities. Although there's been one item missing from this season (where are you snow?) it has been a fabulous end to another year. Spending time with the ones you love, making, buying, cooking, and adding extra love to gifts for all those special people... ah, I'm getting a bit sentimental here...

Getting down to business, I've been watching a bit much of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and have become obsessed with buffalo chicken. Don't ask me why. I also saw this super duper awesome trick on how to  shred chicken in a cuisenart mixer. Tried it. Love it. No more burned fingers! So after a couple days of thinking about nothing but shredded buffalo chicken, I decided to be ambitious in the new year and came up with a delicious, sweet and spicy tender chicken sandwich.
Yum.

I used Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Marinade and added some garlic, diced onions, and brown sugar. Over medium heat I cooked the chicken in the sauce in my new Le Creuset (woo woo!), for about 20 minutes.
(I got the pre-cut chicken tenders fresh from the deli because I really wasn't in the mood to trim the fat from full breasts, yuck!)

{So excited about my new orange Le Creuset, fitting that the first thing I made in it is also orange}

Then, I did the incredible trick of putting the hot chicken in my cuisinart mixer and voila! After a few spins on low I had perfectly shredded chicken! I returned the meat to the sauce and simmered for another 20 minutes or so. (Really could have gone longer but I couldn't wait) I added some provolone cheese and pickles on an onion bun and.. Oh. My. God. Hangover and sinuses cleared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment