Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cranberry Brie Chicken and Punkin Penne

I already had this in mind to make for Friday Night Family Dinner, and found out last minute we were having an additional 4 people join. Including 2 small children with extremely picky taste. Lovely. Not to mention this isn't something I've made before and it's a bit ambitious for a large group. But, whatever, I'm a professional, right? (professional something, but definately not a professional chef) So I had a glass of wine (or two) and dove in. I apologize for the lack of pictures but there was a lot going on... 

Cranberry brie chicken is a spin off a dish I've made before. Last time I topped baked chicken breast with cranberries, gouda cheese and candied walnuts. This time I decided to stuff the chicken, because who doesn't love  a perfectly wrapped up piece of chicken with ooey gooey delicousness inside? It turned out great but I forgot the most important part...



4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cranberry sauce with real cranberries
brie cheese
herbs de provence
CINNAMON
(this is what I forgot, totally makes the dish, but still good without)

Pound out the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick, cut chicken breasts in half. Spoon in about a tablespoon of cranberry sauce in the middle of each piece of chicken. Top cranberry sauce with a slice or 2 of brie cheese. Roll up each piece of chicken and place on a baking sheet with the seam side of the chicken down. Sprinkle chicken with Olive Oil, herbs and cinnamon. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.



I accompanied this dish with a recipe I found online from none other than Miss Rachael Ray. I mean, we practically have the same name, so it's required that I share her recipes. Get the recipe here > Penny-Wise Pumpkin Penne. I used the larger can of pumpkin because I was feeding so many people but, I ended up with a ton of leftover, which was great because everyone LOVED it! Thanks Rach!




We found a STEAL on a 95 point wine for $10! This sultry red blend went really well with my fall flavored family feast. I highly recommend you pick up a bottle, before I snag it all up!

Check it out here

So everything turned out absolutey fabulous and even the kids ate it up! (well, some of them did, but I'm pretending they all did cuz this is my blog)  I love cooking for other people and trying new things. Sometimes when the pressures on it can be a good thing! It was a great evening of family, friends, and food, 3 of my favorite things.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rachel, for a lovely meal! It was delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait for you guys to visit again and I can try something else new for you!

    ReplyDelete