Monday, November 28, 2011

Stuffed Peppers


I love peppers... except for the green ones. I've been wanting to make stuffed peppers for awhile but haven't found a recipe that sounds good me. So, doing like I do, I whipped up a lil something and they turned out FABULOUS! Yum.

Here's what in it:
1lb ground sausage
6 white button mushrooms, sliced
half white onion finely chopped
Uncle Ben's instant brown rice
1 tbsp garlic
1/3 c cream cheese
hot sauce
s&p
6 large bell peppers
6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Brown sausage over medium heat, breaking up into tiny pieces. Cook mushrooms and onions with sausage. Cook rice, add to mixture. Add garlic, cream cheese, hot sauce, and lil bit of s&p. cook until cream cheese is melted and thoroughly mixed in. remove from heat.


Cut off tops off peppers and remove seeds. Fill peppers with sausage mixture. Place stuffed peppers in a muffin tin (the larger size works best) Bake for 15 minutes, top with cheddar cheese slices, remove from oven once cheese is melted


 Looking at these pictures is tempting me to have another...

1 comment: